Sunday 3 May 2015

New Inquiry Question

I have made a final decision of what my inquiry will be. I realised leadership for choreographers doesn't really give me a lot to write about. Also there isn't much to find out as it is already known. My new Inquiry is WHAT ARTISTIC SKILLS WILL I USE AND SUCCEED IN USING AS A CHOREOGRAPHER TO IMPROVE MY CREATIVE WORK.??

Whenever I have choreographed in the past I never knew where to start. I don't know my own strengths as a choreographer. This is what I want to find out about. Three books I am interested in reading are Conversations with Choreographers’ by Svetlana Grody and Dorothy Lister, ‘The Creative Habit’ by Twyla Tharp and lastly ‘Letters to a young Poet’ By Reiner Maria Rilke.  All three will help me to enhance my individual style. Either by experimenting the different styles used by the different choreographers or by interpreting their creative process' into my own.
I want to compare the information I find out from reading these books with my own experiences with choreographers I have worked with.

No comments:

Post a Comment